two other things! I got a new room mate and she's PORTUGUESE which doesn't help my utter obsession with that language (always want what you can't have, right?) and she's super freakin cool. it makes me think about enza (roommate that's in spain that I'm going to see) a lot and how we used to hang out and do dinner together and talk, but this girl is really cool so at least its not like I don't like her. She doesn't speak any italian and probably wont learn while she's hear because she's only staying for two months. She's working on a doctorate in psychology, which is so fitting for this woman its not even funny. she's 25, about to be 26, and she lives and goes to university in the city that I'm going to in Portugal in June! So the good news is, if we get along and maintain contact, I'll have someone to see and maybe even grab dinner with. She's really sweet, and she's coming out to apperativo with us tonight, so I'm hoping she has a good time and will feel at home here. It must be hard for someone to move into a house where everyone already knows each other. i would have been so intimidated to meet 4 new italian girls i had to live with if they were all already best friends.
other thing-the produce here is starting to ROCK my world. like california status. I just ate some of the best tomatoes I've had in like at least 2 years, and guess where they're from? Yes, that's right, sicily. Anywho, I have a new found obsession with scamorza smoked cheese (or smoked provolone) whole milk, and tomatoes. If it sounds like its unhealthy thats cuz it probably is, but all the food in italy is like more regulated and better for u than the states so whats the worst of all evils at the end of it?
ttfn (HAHAHA i forgot about all those silly sign offs)
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome! She can teach me some basic Portuguese. Did I tell you I'm going to Porto and Lisbon?
ReplyDeleteWTF WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PORTO AND LISBON!? so am i !
ReplyDelete