So with my computer, it's almost sure now that I've lost it. If i did have it at airport security in New York, airport security and delta at JFK don't have it. That means I now have to call Germany and Vermont to see if either of them have it. The reason i was almost sure I left it in new york was because I would have noticed before security if it wasn't in my bag, but I'm almost sure I took it out and put it thorugh the machine. I'm not sure why i would leave it there, and if I didn't actually leave it, then someone stole it out of my bag at the lufthansa terminal. Again, i'm not sure why anyone would do that.
So I've got to work on buying a new computer, or organizing for something at least. I'm thinking of buying a little tiny italian laptop, like the one elisa had at middlebury, because they're pretty cheap, and I might be able to work it out. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to look into finding a used one in bologna or something like that. It really sux too, because I have a warantee with Apple, but of course they don't cover lost products.... anyway, colpa mia (my fault)
I'm dying of boredom with out a computer, but at least we have internet. I sort of thought maybe it would be a good thing to be less attached to my computer in Italy in general, but now I'm just really bummed that I lost fotos and also documents that I didn't back up on my hard drive... i duno i have really bad luck with losing shit. It's actualy gonna be a miracle if Lufthansa or Delta has it.
So tomorrow we have a placement test and then class starts on friday. I'm so frickin tired and the heat in lecce is killing me, i'm of course being eaten alive by mosquitoes, but other than that and losing my computer, I can't believe I'm actually here. The walking tour we took of lecce was nuts, and I'm sure the rest of italy is just going to get crazier and crazier....
Write me everyone! Send me emails and get in touch on facebook. ciao ciao
ali

Oh NO!!!! Sorry to hear about your comp. I think I would cry. But I'm sure the "amazingness" of being in Italy makes up for it a little bit. Ahhhgg so jealous. I send you thoughts of luck and love. Take care kiddo.
ReplyDeleteIts gonna be great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous, buy a plug in mosquito thing, and a cheap chinese hand fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletegood luck with your computer ali-- i know how much you love that thing.
ReplyDeletelet me know if you want me to send you some of your music files-- i know ive only got a few on my computer.
maybe this will be a good thing... force you to go out and see the country. i know having limited internet has done so for me!