Saturday, January 9, 2010

apartment

i'm home, thank goodness. I was dying of over-travel. 3 weeks is too long to be moving around all over italy and what not.

I'm in my kitchen, just woke up and made a bell peppers zucchini and cheese omelette. is that weird? i've just gotten used to those being the only edible vegetables at the grocery store near me. speaking of food, I have 4 full pizzas in my fridge also, because there was a sort of welcome lunch in my apartment for the new kids on my study abroad program, and 14 pizzas were order, only 9 of which were even touched. what am i ever gonna do with that much pizza? I think i need to start delivering it to people or something, the new kids. i duno

anyway, traveling that much was a BLUR. i'm sure joey can testify, we probably planned too much in such a short 2 week period, but on the other hand we did a lot of major cities and stuff in the cities we went to: rome, florence, siena, bologna, perugia, assisi, castiglion del lago, and venice. I think my favorite this time was probably perugia, because we stayed in a backpacker hostel in the country side that was so awesomely beautiful. umbria most be a wonderland in the summer. In the winter it was super cold (nothing like boston status) but I couldn't believe how green everything still looked even though it was winter. In california we get brown soggy hills for about 3 months, but this looked like perfectly cured green rolling hills from a travel magazine or something. awesome. it's stuff like that that makes me remember I'm actually here in italy, and not just existing in some longwinded dream in the US. maybe thats all this year will seem like when i get back to the states for good.

At any rate, I was exhausted for the first 2 days I was back. Now, i'm just getting a cold, not as tired, but just as discombobulated. I'm getting paranoid about passing it around and where I got it. I've only been sick very momentarily twice last year, and i guess my only existing new years eve resolution right now is to keep up my same track record.

My fridge keeps turning off in the middle of the night, and I wake up and my cheese is luke warm. it's brie. boo, warm cheese = spoiled cheese.

In other exciting news, though, I have conservatory classes twice this month, and then I'm going to london at the end of the month. I'm psyched for london because i've never been and I have a bunch of friends that are studying abroad there. Then at the end of march, i'm hoping to head to berlin for 4 days. I've heard only killer things about both those cities, so i'm psyched. I have other travel priorities too, but they haven't materialized yet, except those 2. I'm also hoping to get a visit in to sicily, cinque terre, genova, milano, torino, puglia, croatia, budapest, paris, greece. But only like 1/5 of those will happen, duh. So far I've been to puglia, malta, tromso, oslo, amalfi coast, and venice.

No one's been in my apartment, there aren't many people here, because it's exam period for the italians. I don't have much to do but conservatory stuff, until february, so I'm just chillin in bologna.

I recently realized all my friends blogs are way cooler than mine. big surprise. haha.

happy new year!!! un bacione per tutti (a HUGE kiss for everyone)

2 comments:

  1. you forgot some certain february travel plans, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hadn't bought tickets yet.... but i did just buy a ticket for paris yesterday!!!! we need to talk again!

    ReplyDelete