Friday, February 19, 2010

Tea

I made a butter sauce in a small pot for pumpkin raviolis this afternoon for lunch, but then I wanted to make tea an hour later. I went to wash the sauce pot, which i had also put cheese in, because its the only pot we can use for tea (the other one smells like burnt tefflon when u boil water in it) so i washed it as best as i could and boiled tea water. Moral of this story is I think i'm drinking butter tea.

Tea in italy is really uncommon, which was a hard transition to make after so much tea in my wellesley room last year, tea in california, tea everywhere always in my life. They have some staple kinds of tea, but its nothing like the INCREDIBLE tea i had in england, or the types of strange flowery, spicy teas i was used to drinking.

4 comments:

  1. I will add that to the list of things to bring you darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drinking a nice warm cup of butter tea myself right now. A very smart, sweet and wise beyond her years college student in Italy taught me the secret recipe and I shall treasure it all my born days. I miss your smile and miss saying I love you. Dad, from the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you're just as funny as i remember dad. :) enjoy the tea-more recipes to come. love you too

    ReplyDelete