Thursday, April 15, 2010

cocktails

I have a new ambition in life. I want to own a club. I don't think I'd be a good DJ, because I wouldn't play music other people like, but I just want to be able to play my favorite dance music REALLY loudly and dance.


Anyway, Yesterday was awesome. My housemates and i had an aperitivo at our house, which is like a cocktail party with LOTS of appetizers. It was to celebrate my and my housemates birthdays, since they were close together, and I hadn't really done anything for it because my birthday fell on a holiday in Italy and my i was fuggitively sneaking my friends into my dorm so it wasn't like we could go out and do anything to exciting. So, at 8:30 it was supposed to start, because that's the normal aperitivo time, and at like 9:30, its just me, my 3 housemates and one of their boyfriends. I'd bought like hella €'s worth of food and alcohol so i was like, fuck. FAIL. literally thought no one was gonna come. By 10 though, it was a like someone opened the faucet, people started pouring in. So that was fun, cuz 2 of my really good italian friends made a cake (one of them is coming with me to portugal!) and there was a good vibe. Then near the end, my 3 housemates took me into one of the bedrooms and gave me this AWESOME gift. They got me an awesome leather 2010 agenda for me to write my thoughts and poetry in (i'm such a hippy/wannabe poet?) and inside they wrote a jim morrison quote in english and that was just SO thoughtful, and THEN!!!!!! they gave me a music box that plays HAPPY BIRTHDAY which, if you know me at all, you know its one of my favorite songs in the world. I lost my shit about the music box.

I guess I just wanted to write about the party cuz it was so exciting for me I guess. I sort of love when a bunch of italians and americans get together, cuz its just really fun to watch and try to communicate and dance. Also, earlier this week, my advisor Claire, the director of the program, took me out to dinner for my birthday. It was really sweet and I ate super well and I didn't expect it at all! So this week was like birthday redux. it was cool.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ali! This is Gramma! How are you?
    Love to read about your adventures! Gram

    ReplyDelete